Saturday, August 23, 2008

Letter

I hate people who call themselves friends and turn around and cast you down. The letter below ain't meant for any of my friends, so please, don't perasan case and think that I'm talking about you. This letter, is meant for my baby's friend, so called friend that is.

Dear J,

Seriously, I consider myself to be a rather open minded person. I can accept criticism and opinions from my friends. I don't bite at them for telling me to be cautious, for telling me not to put too much hope in it. I accept their views, and I respect them for telling me. But I know, at the end of the day, as long as I have her, it's going to be alright.

I really don't mind you sharing your views and your experience with her. In fact, I'll even sit down and listen to your stories. But, I don't like the way you're forcing it on her. By always telling her that this relationship between us will never ever work out, you're planting fear in my baby. You're making her depressed. As a friend, you should just be there for her. You can warn her and all that, but at the end of the day, don't keep telling her that it will never possibly work out.

I hate it that you keep trying to poison my baby's mind. You made her feel so upset she couldn't stop crying. As a lover, I can't bear to see the tears rolling down her cheek, 'cause to me, they are precious. Perhaps, as a friend, you don't give two hoots as to whether she cried the whole night. But I care. I hate it that YOU made her cry.

J,

You call yourself a friend. Why can't you see the pain you're causing her? The pain of me not being by her side is bad enough, she doesn't need the pain of fear that I would abandon her. That fear should be groundless, as I have no intention of casting her aside. I might not be perfect, but I'll not break her heart. She shouldn't even think about it. So why? Why must you instill in her the pain of that fear?

Can't you see that she is emotionally fragile? She's like a precious gem, the rarest of the lot. All she should get is love and attention and care. She doesn't need more worries or insecurities. Our relationship should be the one sustaining her, keeping her strong, not breaking her down. You're not helping things by telling her all those negative things.

Even I have friends, whose long distance relationships don't last. I have seen friends on both side of the fence, the ones who got dumped, and the ones who dump. They have seen the ups and downs of being in a long distance relationship. Sure, I do discuss my relationship with them. They did advice me, but never put me down. They make sure I know the pros and cons, and be by my side when I need them.

What I need is support, or the very least, no criticisms. That's what she needs too. She needs you to be there to care, to help guide her to avoid certain pitfalls. She doesn't need you to add to her troubles and worries. You made my precious so depressed, it hurts to hear her cry over the phone, and not be able to hold her close and show her how groundless her fears are.

J,

I swear to god, I'm going to make this work between me and my baby. I'll not let anything come between us, not even family, not even you. I'm going to prove you wrong, and show you that this relationship between me and my love is going to work. You won't be able to strike us down, because I know, there is something magical between the both of us, and there ain't nothing you can do or say to destroy or ruin it.

No comments: