Friday, July 23, 2010

Gun-ner

I was looking at this post and was hit with a wave of nostalgia. I remember when I was younger, I was insane. Literally. I loved to play with Legos but I couldn't follow their instructions to build a ship or airplane or house. Instead, I became my own architect. Technically, the only thing I could build was a house, a simplified version, with 4 walls and a roof. ROFL. But still. I had tons of fun with Legos. They were the background of many of my make-believe stories. As I grew older, my attachment to Legos lessen. Stories now played in my head, instead of being acted out.

1 fine day, I saw this action flick. Acting on an inspiration, I took out my Legos set, blew the dust off, and set out to construct my own weapon. The results? An awesome (by my standards then) gun. It would never run out of ammo, and could shoot rays of plasma too. Not to mention, it was personalized so that only my fingerprint would activate the gun. Anyone other then me wouldn't be able to fire it. And when it was done, I would proudly wave about my gun and pretend to be some secret agent or spy or perhaps even a crime lord.
Ah. The joys of my youth.

I remember plotting out a blueprint, of what my house ought to be like, with secret panels, escape panels, hidden buttons/switches, secret rooms... The whole lot. Blame it on the tv shows. At one stage, I would be a crime lord; at times, I would be a fictional character in a literal world that doesn't belong to me. Always though, I would play the role of a guy. Be it, crime lord, superstar, world athlete, racer... I was always the one who got the girl. *grins*

I miss those days, when I was young, innocent, carefree and amusingly naive. Human nature, not to realize what you have, till you've lost it. Human nature too, to let the best things in life past us by. Even more so, when you realize that, it's always too late when you come to a realization. Youth is something we should treasure, despite however it might turn out. There would always be a glimmer of light even in the bleakest day.

On a side note. Lucy Diamond in a tank top waving a gun. Now THAT, is what dreams are made of. This doesn't really do her any justice, but still, a good enough picture.

Google Jordana Brewster.

You know you want to.

No comments: