Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wedding bells

Like the idiot I am, I just realized I never blogged about the recent joyous event that happened. My uncle, Andrew Chong, got married! So what's the big deal, you ask me. Well, no offense dear uncle, but he's huge, and what I really mean is fat, and they have been dating for so long it seems like forever.

Anyway, they tied the knot on Saturday, with a church ceremony in the morning, and tea carrying ceremonies at their respective places, and a dinner reception at Jaya Palace, PJ. Ok. Details.

We, meaning, me, mom, grandparents, grand auntie and kevin (i dun like to call him uncle cz it's weird calling someone my age uncle eventho that is his title), uncle john and auntie candy, arrived at auntie Ah Yoong's place (sorry la, I dunno how to spell her english name) on Thursday. We reached in the evening, and after dinner, and everybody took a short break, they started playing mahjong. In the midst of the game, uncle Wing Ho brought out the bottle of Kahlua, coffee liquour. We mixed it with Smirnoff, premium vodka, on the rocks. It was nice.

The next day, being a Friday, we actually wanted to go Sunway Pyramid to do a little bit of shopping. But since the hostesses were busy, we called it off. We spent the whole day at the mahjong table. Mel came over in the evening, and we had a good time. We, meaning me, kevin and mel each had a can of beer. Mel had Budweister, while kevin and I had Guiness. After that, we had a couple of rounds of Kahlua with Smirnoff and a dash of milk with a couple of ice cubes. It was way better then the 1st taste. After that, we broke open the Finlandia, a mango infused vodka. It was alright. The mango covered the smell of the vodka. After that, we tried the De Kuyper, a butterscotch caremel liquour. We had it neat, and it was sweet. Our 2nd and 3rd rounds, we mixed it with Smirnoff. We even told uncle Wing Ho about it. Kevin downed his 1st couple of glasses in a gulp. Wow.

We met uncle SKY. That's his initials, but everybody seems to be calling him SKY (sky). He's quite alright, I suppose. He's uncle james's good friend. He was there as an extra driver. So yea, that was Friday. I guess, I had a tad bit extra alcohol in my system that night. I couldn't really sleep. The next day, was the big day.

The church ceremony was so beautiful, I couldn't really help thinking what it would be like if it was the both of us there instead. From there, we went back to the house for the tea carrying ceremony. It was done rather haphazardly, but it was alright, I guess. Then, we went over to the bride's place, for their tea carrying ceremony. Or rather, uncle andrew was involved, but the rest of us went there for the food. I had my can of Heinekken (is that even how u spell it? i have no clue) during lunch. Yummy!

Soon enough, it was time for dinner. We, namely me, mel, and kevin helped out a little bit in the beginning. We helped distribute the chocolates, cute little things, and helped out a little bit at the reception area. Of course, we were fooling around more often then not, but, we had so little tables to our side. Well, what can I say? It was rather fun, even though I had to walk around in heels and ohgodforbid a skirt.

During dinner, which included suckling pig and roast pork, buddha jump over the wall, steamed idkhowtospell (prompret? pompret?) fish, baked live prawns and dried scallops with vegetables. These are the only dishes worth mentioning. And oh! The drinks. I had beer, red wine, whiskey and brandy. =D Yummy, delicious.

All in all, a very very very good weekend indeed. =D Cheers!!

No comments: