Thursday, July 03, 2008

Mini road trip

Before telling you people about the great time I had in Penang, grant me a couple of moments of silence....

IFUCKINGWANTMYBABYRITENOW *** WHERETHEHELLISSHE!!
THISISWHENINEEDHERTHEMOST ** NSHEISONDOTHEREND
andsheisnotherewithmerightnow * SHESONTHEOTHERSIDEOFTHEFUCKINGGLOBE


Ok. Penang was FANTASTIC! The company was great, and I actually had fun. A good trip is one with lots of good memories. The food was fabulous, and the conversations were kind of funny.

Example:

KC: Celine! Let's go Pacific!
Celine: Serious ar? Really meh? Don't want la
WC: Yaya! Let's go visit your parents! KC can put on a bear suit and dance and attract customers!!
Celine: No need la. He go and dance now oso can attract customers, no nid bear suit.
KC: ......
WC & Celine: LOL
(you'll have to know us to get that joke... quite possibly)


The drive up from Sg. Buloh was rather noisy, I suppose. We were talking quite a bit. After lunch, we, namely me and WC, fell asleep while KC drove on. We made rather good time, traveling up north. From Celine's place, our 1st stop on the island was Gurney. Now, I suppose everyone knows about Gurney, especially Gurney Drive. It's quite the tourist attraction, I reckon it's because of the long rows of food stalls. The food was alright. We went into this hotel, I think it's called G. Gosh! It. Was. Spectacular!!

I think, we basically toured the whole of Penang Island in 1 day. We visited Kek Lok Si Temple, Batu Ferengghi, the Sleeping Buddha and the Botanical Gardens on Tuesday. Kek Lok Si Temple was by far, one of the more interesting places that day. The place was gorgeous, but what made it interesting was what happened there. You see, upon reaching, WC, Celine and me posed for KC to snap a picture of us. When WC moved away towards KC, this foreign dude standing behind KC took his camera, and requested for us to pose for a picture. *It was a silent request*

See what that KC said.
KC: Wahhh... Laura must be damn attractive to foreigners.
(that idiot)

We went up to the Kuan Yin statue there, and we looked around. WC and I donated money to the building of the shrine/pagoda(?) around the statue by buying a tile, and having our names written on it. It's rather cool. KC bought 2, one for himself, one for his parents. (so filial) The 4 of us took a breather at this little hut on the water (dont know what they call it). When we wanted to leave, we snapped another picture, of us together, and guess what, that dude appeared again. He snapped our picture, again. This time, KC even offered to help him snap a picture of him, with the 3 of us. That brings a total of 3 pictures of me, residing with a stranger. Sigh.

At Batu Feringghi, we hung around at the beach. It made me want my baby even more. That time, at the beach, was the time I felt the loneliness most acutely during the whole trip. Basking in the beach breeze, leaning against the rocks while doing some people watching made me want to have my baby in my arms. Sometimes I wonder, if we'll ever get the chance to spend time together, with each other, quality time that lets me think back with a smile on my face. If only...

The rest of it is about the food. I care more about the experience, and so I decline blogging about food. Sides, I never took any pictures of the food(s) involved. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it when I say it's DELICIOUS.

No comments: