Thursday, July 31, 2008

Beginnings

I've always admired those who can write poems which rhymes and can convey their heartfelt feelings. I'm not one of those. I can never rhyme unless I have inspiration. Modern poem is more suited to my style of writing, as it is free form.

Seven Seas

Sitting by the window,
All day thinking of you.
Watching the days go by,
I started to cry.
But they were not tears of sadness,
they only meant I love you.

I wanna tell you that,
baby, I would travel around the seven seas for you,
to show you that there is nothing I wont do.
Baby, I would walk around the China Wall for you.

If there is a way,
I would do it all for you.
Anything you want me to,
I would.

Some people may think I'm crazy,
and they may be right,
because I'm crazy about you.

See what I mean? Free form. For me, poems are special, more so this particular one. I love it so very much, but more importantly, I love the person who wrote it. The feelings conveyed in that poem, strikes a chord within. A stupid grin on my face, a twinkle in my eyes, and a spring in my walk are just little signs of how much I enjoy reading and re-reading that poem. It might not amount to much to many others, but it means the world to me.

I love her so very much, and I cant wait for the future to unfold.

No comments: