Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Haven

Do you know what it feels like, knowing that someone that your soul is calling out for?
Do you know what it feels like, floating on air?
Do you know what it feels like, to be able to bare your heart out to someone and still have them accept you?

I do.

Do you know what disappointment tastes like?
Do you know what sorrow tastes like?
Do you know what emptiness tastes like?

I do.

Have you ever lay in bed at night, and just stare at the ceiling, unable to sleep?
Have you ever felt a part of you dying, bit by bit?
Have you ever tasted the pain after having your hopes dashed?

I have.

Have you ever experience an emotional roller coaster ride?
Have you ever felt that you've been taken granted for despite assurances that you're important?
Have you ever tried to concentrate on the work at hand, only to have your thoughts fly the exact opposite direction?

I have.

Should I let you know how I feel?
Should I let go of my insecurities?
Should I let you into my heart of hearts?

I should.

Should I give you a taste of your own medicine?
Should I turn the tables on you?
Should I learn not to expect anything?

I should.

There are many things I ought to do, should do.
Just like there are many things I know, I've experienced.

I'm not as strong as you think I am,
Not as capable as you perceive me to be,
Not as magnificent as you portray me to be.

Hopelessly caught in this tidal wave,
I can only pray:
I find a safe haven,
A place to call home.

No comments: