Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Belonging

I reached out a hand, to gently caress your cheek. You stood there, looking at me with those beautiful green eyes of yours, unwavering. I smiled, and your face mirrored mine. We stood there, looking into each others' eyes. Not a sound, not a word. The only movements were the slight heaving of our chests as we breathe and the slow caress of my thumb across your cheek.

We stood there, losing track of the time. You sighed, closed your eyes and leaned into my touch. You opened your eyes and this time, there were tears. You were crying. I saw your pain, hurt, confusion, love and a whole myriad of emotions play in those tear filled orbs of yours.

You brought a hand to my face. I closed my eyes and nuzzle into your palm. You brushed away the tracks the tears left as they streaked down my face. I cried. I opened my eyes and saw them mirrored in yours. Everything I felt, everything I am, was reflected in yours.

Everything moved in a buzz around us, but time stood still for you and me. A heartbeat, a fraction of a second, seemed like eternity. I heard your heartbeat, echoing mine. I smiled, and you smiled back. You know, as did I, this feeling of belonging.

No comments: