Tuesday, April 03, 2007

disappointed

Twice
Twice you stood me up
Twice you let me down

Promises
Promises after promises
You never kept any of it

I treated you as a friend
You treated me like shit
I looked up to you as someone special
You tore me down

For me,
You are a companion on the road
For you,
I am but a shooting star

For me,
Friends are for keeps,
For you,
Friends are for leisure and pleasure.

For me,
I mean practically everything I say,
For you,
Words are but words, stripped of any meaning.

For me,
Friendship is literally everything.
For you,
Friendship is but a stepping stone.

You really disappointed me.
I honestly thought,
Our friendship, though a few weeks old,
Is something worth cherishing for a lifetime.

I seriously imagine,
I found a life-long friend.
Someone close to the heart,
Someone I can talk to about practically everything.

How mistaken I was,
I am.
It really feels like a betrayal of trust.